George Eblen Pty Ltd first opened its doors in 1948 as a local garage servicing the motor vehicle needs of the Glenelg community.
Upon the death of his father in 1985, George’s son Peter, originally from a mechanical and engineering background, became Managing Direcotr. Peter built the company into a successful motor vehicle dealership, comprising new and used vehicle sales (Volkswagen 1967 – 1998 and Subaru 1975 – 2011) and allied departments, including service, parts and collision repairs. In February 2011 the dealership component was sold. At this time the company spanned four sites including a satellite site at Angaston in the Barossa Valley and a service site at Kingswood and employed over 100 staff.
Dario Tonon who has been in the motor vehicle repair industry since 1980 as a panel beater and spray painter, joined Peter as a partner in 1996 to form Eblen Motors Collision Repairs, (EMCR), initially operating out of the Glenelg site.
The success of EMCR saw the need in 2004 to expand and move into new premises at Byre Avenue at Somerton Park.
2013 has seen the company take its biggest step towards their future in collision repairs. Streamlining the company name to Eblen Collision Repairs has accompanied renovations and an expansion, including a purpose built new facility at 240 Brighton Road Somerton Park.
Collision repairs for premium and prestige vehicles is now the company’s sole focus.